Friday, June 21, 2013

Decorating My New House: DIY Projects for "The Wine Cellar"

It's your lucky day-2 posts in ONE DAY! Actually, I'm just really behind on getting all my cool projects up here. The wall grouping for my bedroom is basically done! I added the painted quote canvases I just made, and a few other things but I still need to add some splashes of apple green, my other accent color.

I like how they turned out! The shelves used to be navy, so my mom painted them black and I put up the two canvases I painted. The glass bottles are an old vase and an empty glass dressing bottle that I filled with the same pink paint from the canvas. I made the letter "K" for my dorm freshman year and decided to use it again-it's just Mod Podged with magazine clippings and painted black on the front and back. Finally, the plate is from my grandma's house and I laced it with cute pink quatrefoil ribbon. I'm ordering another one of my favorite monogram stickers for the center.



Also in my room now is the amazing headboard my mom made! It's really hard to see how cool it is in the picture unfortunately. It started with an old crib my mom bought from Craislist (we repurposed another part of the crib, which you'll see soon!). She used two pieces of foam core board on the side of the crib with the bars, tied with dental floss or embroidery floss through punched holes. Next, she covered the foam with batting and stapled black fabric over the whole thing. Finally, she purchased a button covering kit to do buttons in the same fabric and make it tufted. I love it!



In the living room, here are a couple of the cool projects my mom also did. (She's been SUCH a big help in crafting all sorts of things for the Wine Cellar house while I started my internship). These were all originally inspired by Pinterest crafts. The rug we have in the living room is a cheap $10 grey rug that my mom actually PAINTED with a stencil and white paint. It turned out really well, I think.



For the wall above our TV, she took a frame and picture we already had and cut up paint samples to make this cool design.



Finally, the famous sunburst mirror, made from gold-painted paint sticks!




This might just be my favorite project, also made from a part of the crib she purchased. The end of the crib (the flat, non-slatted part) we painted with chalkboard paint and a white trim for an entryway chalkboard! I did some cute lettering.


No comments:

Post a Comment