Thursday, June 13, 2013

Painted Quote Canvases

So for my first real post, I decided to show you all what I've been working on for the past couple of days! I've been home at my parents house this week for my brother's graduation party and for Father's Day this weekend and had lots of time to craft for my new house! A while back I bought a pack of canvases on sale at a craft store and I knew I'd find a way to use them. I have two black shelves that my mom painted for me to make a wall grouping above my bed at the new house and needed things to decorate them. I absolutely love cute, inspiring quotes and I thought it would be fun to paint them for my room!

For the first one, I used a bunch of different fonts and printed off the quote the way I wanted it to look in a Word document first. I freehanded it in pencil on the canvas and just used black acrylic paint and a very skinny paintbrush to do the lettering. Some of the words are also done in chip letters that I painted black as well. I might add ribbon to the outside to spice it up.

 The typed copy 

 The finished project!



For the second one, I painted the background a bright pink-my accent color in my room. Instead of painting on each letter, I used stencils for a different look. I really like how the white on pink turned out. You can't tell really well in the picture, but the word "sparkle" is covered in white glitter!




Stay tuned for what the rest of the wall grouping will look like! I want to do a letter K and paint some vases to go on the shelves as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment